Huntington Disease Community Education Day
Saturday, October 3, 2015 - Richmond, VA
This program is hosted by the HDSA Center of Excellence at VCU Parkinson's and Movement Disorders Center.
Members of the Huntington Disease community are invited to attend this conference to learn about advances in clinical care and research, and how to identify resources to improve quality of life. The program features presentations by Dr. Claudia Testa reviewing updates and ongoing research in HD, and HD 101 session, and breakout sessions for caregivers, people with HD, and at-risk individuals. Anyone interested in learning more about HD is welcome to attend.
Saturday, October 3, 2015
$10 per person - includes lunch, parking, and materials (scholarships available)
The event co-sponsors are committed to ensuring that all who wish to participate in the conference can attend. Scholarships are available for those who are unable to pay the registration fee. Please contact Ginger Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 662-5307 if you would like to learn more about scholarships.
The meeting will be held at the Larrick Student Center, 901 Turpin Street, Richmond. More information, including directions and a map, will be sent with registration confirmation.
If you can volunteer to help with arrangements on the day of the meeting, please contact Ginger Norris at email@example.com or
9:00 AM – Registration opens
9:30 AM – Opening Remarks
9:45 AM – Concurrent Session - Select one:
- Updates and Ongoing Research in HD - Dr. Claudia Testa, VCU
- HD 101 - Ginger Norris, MGC, VCU and Chelsea Chambers, MS, UVA
10:30 AM - Break
10:45 AM - Youth Services Project, Chandler Swope, LSCW, Huntington's Disease Youth Organization
11:25 AM - Break out session - Select one:
- Therapy Animals - Rebecca Holloway, VCU Dogs on Call
- Caregiver Session - Practical tips for caring for someone with HD - Sarah Lageman, PhD, ABPP-CN, VCU
- Financial Planning for the Future - Virginia Grigg, JD, Christian and Barton, LLP
12:15 PM - Lunch - update from VA Beach Affiliate and HDSA
1:00 PM - Break out session - select one:
- Gentle Yoga - Sarah Humphries, E-RYT 200
- Caregiver Discussion - Sarah Lageman, PhD, ABPP-CN, VCU
- Social Security Disability Strategies - Drew Yeannakis, Disability Claims Representatives
2:00 PM - Break
2:15 PM - Nutrition - Rebecca Rhodes, RD, VCU
3:15 PM - Round Table Discussion - Ask the Speakers
3:45 PM - Adjournment
This program is supported by an unrestricted medical education grant from Lundbeck.